Share Your Working Abroad Experience. Receive a Grant!
The Working Abroad Alumni Grant is awarded to U.S. citizens who have successfully completed one of InterExchange’s Working Abroad programs and want to share their experience with the local US community. Recipients schedule and conduct presentations about their abroad experience and encourage their community to consider exchange programs.
Programs must have been at least six weeks in length and applicants must have a positive recommendation from InterExchange’s international partner. Former participants may apply for the grant within the first 12 months after their program completion.
$150 per presentation (Three presentations maximum)
Grant applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have successfully completed an InterExchange Working Abroad program of six weeks or longer within 12 months of grant application
- Schedule and conduct a presentation to their local community in a public venue (Presentation cannot be conducted in a private residence or dwelling. The InterExchange Foundation does not fund the presentation venue.)
- Collect a list of audience members and contact information
- Serve as a program reference and write a program review on GoAbroad.com
- Be comfortable with public speaking
- Have a positive recommendation from InterExchange’s international partner
How to Apply
Complete the Working Abroad Alumni Grant Application.
- Presentation location and date
- Contact information of location host and/or institution or organization
- Presentation outline
Frequently Asked Questions
Any public venue, such as libraries, schools and community centers. Presentations may not be made in private dwellings or residences.
Willingness to answer questions and share your experience with potential and current applicants. InterExchange will share your email address with individuals interested in learning about your experience on the program. After referring three-to-five individuals, we will 'retire' you as a reference.
Working Abroad Alumni Grant finalists are briefly interviewed by the Foundation program coordinator via Skype.
Yes, the InterExchange Foundation will provide grant recipients with a PowerPoint template, presentation guidelines and an attendance sheet for audience members.
The grant is disbursed after the recipient has conducted the presentation, submitted a list of attendees and contact information and written a program review on GoAbroad.com.
InterExchange will contact the program-specific international partner on the applicant's behalf.
Additional presentations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Contact us at email@example.com